Elise was released from the hospital today! We're very relieved and very grateful that she is okay and that we have her home now. The doctors decided that the seizures were caused by the virus that she had contracted--all the tests they ran came back normal and didn't show the usual signs of seizure activity. So, they'll follow up with her in a few months and check her out again, but we can be fairly sure that she won't have any long-term effects.

Elise loved having her John Deere blanket and got quite a few compliments on it from the nurses--they all loved it and wanted to know where to get one. Too bad it's one of a kind...

When Elise got feeling better she loved playing with all the toys. See her glowing toe? She
loved trying to pull it off and play with it and constantly set off the monitors. She'd play with it at night when everything else was dark.
11 comments:
We are so glad to hear such good news. Bet its so great to have her home! Our prayers will remain for y'all so her follow-ups are great as well.
Glad to hear the great news!
Yey!! Welcome home,
Welcome home. I'm so glad Elise is doing better.
I am so glad!
It is so wonderful to see Elise sitting up and looking so good. We are glad that you are home and all is well.
God bless you,
Amy's mother
I'm so happy to hear she's okay! What a scare! She looks so grown up, I can't believe you have a one year old!
I'm so glad that she is okay. I'm sure your thrilled to have her home and know that it was nothing serious.
YAY!
I am very happy to read that Elise is now home! I had no idea anything had happened. What a frightening experience. What a blessing to have the Lord's hand in your lives. You will be in our family prayers for a continued recovery and no lasting effects.
Post a Comment