Sunday, May 16, 2010

Joseph is 2 weeks old!

Joseph is 2 weeks old today! It's amazing how fast the time goes when you have a newborn (or, I should clarify...fast during the day and slowly at night). Mom came out to visit and help out for a week (thanks!). We had central AC and a new furnace put in at our house (the work was started while Joseph and I were still in the hospital) which we've all been enjoying. And mainly, we've been spending time holding and taking care of the new baby.

Here are a few pictures of the week:

Grandma helping Elise hold Joseph

Joseph with his little brother shirt. Elise likes to read off all the letters on it while pointing to them all.

Playing on the blanket together

Joseph stretching out and modeling one of his outfits

His first nap in his big crib. He actually did really well and slept in it for almost 2 hours. We have yet to try it at night...


Here's a little video of one of Joseph's awake moments

6 comments:

Jetta said...

Jules! He is so cute. So glad to hear you are surviving the transition so far! xo

Jenna said...

He is so cute! And I can't believe that tiny hat is swallowing his head! ha. I bet Elise is an awesome big sister. Hopefully we will get to visit you guys when we come out this summer.

Brooke said...

He is beautiful! I'm so glad you are all enjoying this new adventure of being a family of 4!

Anonymous said...

He is soooooooo cute. I can't wait to see him again. Congrats!!!

Amy said...

Congrats, Julie! He is such a handsome baby. And Elise is still just as cute as ever. What a smart little girl - knowing her alphabet. Your mom showed Becky Jamison and I pictures from your blog on Sunday (at our cub meeting), so I had to come check it out.

James and Julie said...

Thanks for all the well wishes...it is an interesting transition to have two kids now, but they are both adorable. Joseph still seems really little, and yes, the little hat does swallow his head!