We've been busy the past few weeks, hence the reason there's a gap since my last post. Last weekend we went to North Carolina to celebrate James' grandfather's 80th birthday. It was a lot of fun! The family had so much fun holding and playing with Elise, and she soaked up all the attention. She is VERY social and loves to watch people, and she especially loves to have them smile at her. There was a large group gathered to celebrate with Abuelo--he is well loved.
James and Elise are spending a lot of quality time together lately--since his semester ended he's been caring for Elise full-time until the fall semester starts up at the end of August. They've been having a lot of fun, Elise loves spending time with Daddy. We got her an exersaucer for her to play in, and she LOVES it! It's so fun to watch her play and work her way around the circle of toys. She is so proud of herself every time she does something new on it or discovers a new toy it has. It's also helping her get more strength to support her head and body. She is actually starting to sit up on her own, she's still very wobbly, but she can do it for a few seconds on her own before she tips over!
Elise playing in her exersaucer.
And, in other news, Julie just got a promotion at work! After much thought, I applied for and was chosen for a management position in the library. It's a wonderful opportunity, but I will no longer be the children's librarian anymore, which I will miss. I love working in children's services, but I can't wait to see what new things I can help accomplish in the library system with this new job.
5 comments:
Congratulations on your promotion. You definitely deserve it. I also can't believe Elise is starting to sit up. That is crazy. We can't wait to see her as well as you both, hopefully next month.
OH....we will miss having you in the children's library...and for storytime especially, but we are excited for your new opportunity. Way to go!
Congratulations on the new job Julie. Elise is so cute, I can't believe how fast time goes and how fast these little ones grow up. I love checking on your blog to get updates, I know how hard it is to send individual e-mails out. Take care!
Wow!! Good job Julie. For the first time I'm glad I'm not there so I won't have to be sad that you're not the librarian. That is great news for you!
Congrats on all the achievements your little family has, uh, achieved! I love hearing about all the success you're having. Elise is so cute, I wish I knew her in person. Keep reading those books, I have a long list of books I want to read now, thanks to you!
Post a Comment