Last weekend we went to the zoo, and Elise enjoyed it a lot. It was fun to see her notice the animals and watch them as they ran around. We decided to buy a year long pass so we can take her often.
Tuesday Elise woke up covered in a rash with raised hives. Her face was swollen and she looked miserable. After everything else that's happened recently with her, I was a little nervous. We took her to the doctor and found out she is allergic to amoxicillin (she was taking it for her ear infection) and was having an allergic reaction to it. We had to give her benadryl for days until the rash went away. Unlike most people, benadryl doesn't seem to make Elise sleepy...she stayed up late each night (sometimes as late as 11 pm) and got up earlier than normal (once as early as 5:30 am) and didn't nap as well. I'm glad we could stop giving it to her!
Friday we spent the day together and slept in (including Elise!) and then planted our garden before it got too hot. We downsized it a bit this year since last year we had a hard time keeping up with it, and I'm excited. We planted tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, onions, peas, and zucchini...when it's all ready to eat we'll be able to have a salad. Elise loved helping and got very dirty. She even discovered that she likes the taste of dirt--I had to work very hard to keep her from shoving handful after handful of dirt into her mouth.
6 comments:
Very cute! You know Samantha had that same reaction to amoxicillian-it's pretty crazy how fast the rash spreads.
We know all about that rash too!! Cooper is allergic to penicillins and azithromiacins too. I'm glad she is on the mend now. The zoo looks like lots of fun, we love to go here!
Love the pictures and glad to hear that she's on the mend. Miss you!
I love that she is trying to eat the whole block of cheese! Cute!!
fun fun...and cute pics!
We are hoping your run of illness is over! We miss you and hope to see you in July. Your family is beautiful.
Post a Comment